Dr Claire Fuller: Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group
Dr Claire Fuller has provided excellent leadership during challenging times and ensured the CCG remained focused on improving patient care and quality. She led the redesign of the governance structure and created a new clinical cabinet and developed a GP future leader’s programme.
In an organisational survey taken in 2017, 87 per cent of GP practice respondents said they could take a leadership role within the CCG in the future, as they felt enabled by the programme. Claire is also the clinical lead for the Clinical Academy work of Surrey Heartlands Sustainability and Transformation Partnership.
The judges felt she had a clear vision of change and saw the bigger picture. She has influenced clinical leadership without heroic individual effort.
- Amit Arora, University Hospital of North Midlands
- Anne-Maria Olphert, Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust
- Caroline Senior, Leeds Community Healthcare Trust
- Claire Royston, Four Seasons Health Care
- Julia Ford, North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare Trust
- Mary Mumvuri, Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
- Neil Kukreja, Medway Foundation Trust
- Rachael Moses, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals
- Sue Ranger, Leeds Community Healthcare Trust
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: Clinical Leader of the Year