St George’s University Hospitals Foundation Trust: Home monitoring of hypertension in pregnancy (HaMpton)
The team implemented an app which enables home monitoring of hypertension in pregnancy in order to reduce hospital visits for monitoring of pre-eclampsia.
The number of appointments for hypertension monitoring reduced by 53 per cent.
The judges stated that this was an impressive example of aligning the need for a real focus on safety and quality for a very serious condition with patient’s views, clinical expertise and technology.
- BigHand, BigHand help streamline the clinical correspondence process for the NHS
- Cambridge University Hospitals Foundation Trust, eHospital digital transformation improving efficiency at CUH
- DrDoctor, End-to-end digital patient journey: Transforming patient experience
- East Midlands Ambulance Service Trust, Improving ambulance service safety, response times and patient experience through optimising Hear and Treat performance
- Hosted by University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay, Information Sharing Gateway
- Ieso Digital Health, Ieso Digital Health
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, ePAQ-PO: Pre-operative assessment “one-stop”
- Southern Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group and Derby Hospital Foundation Trust, Telemedicine in Ophthalmology
- St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Trust, Efficient interventions: spotting deteriorating patients quickly through eMEWS
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: Using Technology to Improve Efficiency