WINNER: Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals Trust – Providing Healthcare That Won’t Cost the Earth
The trust says it is committed to leading in sustainability excellence and providing a fantastic legacy for the local population in terms of social, economic and green regeneration.
It has worked hard to sustain a high level of sustainability excellence and aspires to excel this. It has developed ambitious plans to reach net carbon zero ahead of 2040 for its energy-related activities and will work to widen its efforts to improve direct and indirect sustainability and carbon performance.
Critical to driving these positive impacts is developing clear sustainability policies and strategies alongside engaging, supporting and motivating others to be part of its journey, it adds.
Northampton General Hospital Trust – Green Steps to Sustainability
- NHS Blood and Transplant – 2015-25 Sustainability Strategy - Changing to Improve Sustainability
- NHS Business Services Authority – Our Journey From Paper and Plastic to a Cleaner, Greener, More Sustainable Future
- Northumbria Healthcare FT – Sustainability Management & Implementation Group
- Nottingham University Hospitals Trust – Team NUH, The Perfect Climate for Delivering Outstanding Health Outcomes
- Sussex Community FT – Care Without Carbon
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals FT – Declaring a Climate Emergency