WINNER: Kite, a Gilead Company, NHS England and NHS Partners – Working in Partnership to Bring CAR-T Innovation to UK patients
The UK is one of the first countries in the world to have CAR-T (an individualised therapy involving reprogramming the patient’s immune system to target and destroy cancer) available on the healthcare system. NHS England, Kite/Gilead, Industry and NHS providers partnered in a unique way to ensure the infrastructure was in place, new patient pathways developed and HCPs trained, ready and confident to deliver this potentially life-changing therapy in an expedited timeframe.
The ability to deliver CAR-T is an exciting milestone, opening up a new chapter for the industry, HCPs, patients and the future of cell therapies. The judges felt that this is a genuinely game-changing innovation in clinical practice and the strategic partnership with Kite was one of the best they’d seen. There were great clinical outcomes that are giving real hope to many patients. Speed of spread was remarkable, particularly given the pandemic, with eight delivery centres established.
Perinatal Institute – The GAP Programme: Partnership to Reduce Stillbirths in the NHS
- ABL Health in partnership with NHS England & NHS Improvement, North of England Commissioning Support and Her Majesties Prison and Probation – Serving Prisoner Involvement in the Procurement of Healthcare Services
- Accenture, Healthy London Partnership and NHS Digital – Empowering a Digital Social Care Workforce
- Hunter Healthcare – Executive Talent for the Healthcare Sector
- InHealth Group and Northumbria Healthcare FT – Partnering for the Future
- KPMG and South Central Ambulance Service FT – Predicting 999 Ambulance Demand Modelling
- LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare – LloydsPharmacy Healthcare Centre
- Newton Europe, The Phoenix Partnership, Leicestershire Health Informatics Service and Leicestershire Partnership Trust – Implementation of AutoPlanner Within District Nursing
- Northgate Public Services, Kainos, BJSS, NHS Blood and Transplant and NHS Digital – Integrating the NHS Organ Donor Register Into the NHS App
- NuvoAir and Royal Brompton and Harefield FT – Digital Innovation for People with Cystic Fibrosis
- Sensyne Health and Oxford University Hospitals FT – GDm-Health
- The Experience Led Care Programme and NHS Partners – Spreading Group Consultations