Barts Health Trust, North East London Integrated Care Board, Clinical Effectiveness Group (Queen Mary University of London) and UCLPartners
Specialist Pharmacy-Led Cardiovascular Risk Factor Management In Primary Care - A Population Health Management Approach
A multiorganisational collaboration was developed to address the national cardiovascular disease prevention agenda and unmet need of the population of north-east London. A novel integrated pathway was developed, involving specialist input from a multidisciplinary team and in which specialist hospital pharmacists work directly with primary care teams, general practitioners and hospital consultants across the integrated care system to: identify people with or at risk of CVD; optimise preventative medication usage; improve access to new therapies, and treat patients closer to home without the need for onward referral to hospital. This project showed extremely clear ambition and need, with an impressive commitment to sustainability, scalability and reducing inequalities, said judges.
Highly commended: North Bristol Trust - Pharmacist-Designed Best Value Biologic And Targeted Synthetic DMARD Shared Decision-Making Web Tool To Empower Patients, Support Clinicians And Save Money.
- Brent Health Matters, Central London Community Healthcare Trust: Mind The Gap - Pharmacist Role In Reducing Health Inequalities
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust: Inpatient Pain Team - Mobile Block Service
- King’s College Hospital, South London Cardiac Operational Delivery Network and South London Office of Specialised Services: OPAT Service
- Medway FT: Remote Working Pharmacists
- Oxford University Hospitals FT: Integrated Severe Asthma Project (ISAC)
- The Pharmacy Team, Sunderland GP Alliance and Sunderland PCNs: Pharmacy Technician-Led Medicines Discharge Service
- University Hospitals of Leicester Trust and Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland ICS: LUCID Medicines Optimisation - Integrated Pharmacist-led Care For Chronic Kidney Disease
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: Medicines, Pharmacy & Prescribing Initiative of the Year