Lincolnshire Integrated Care Board
The Lincolnshire Military Maternity Project
A bespoke service was established in July 2022 to aid military, ex-military, and reserve forces families living on or around bases in Lincolnshire. The scheme, the first of its kind in the country, has successfully addressed issues to improve the maternity journey for mothers, fathers, partners, and their families caused by postings, separation from loved ones, and deployment. The pilot scheme includes the creation of two posts: a Military Care Navigator and a Military Maternity Voice Partnership Lead. Their work has increased collaboration between the NHS and military armed forces and improved continuity of health care for pregnant women and their families.
The panel felt that this team presented an outstanding project that provides an innovative approach to care within their identified target group.
Highly commended: Health & Justice Commissioning, North East and Yorkshire, NHS England - Sexual Assault Whilst Serving: Commissioning A Forensic Nurse Advisor (Military) As Part Of The Regional Sexual Assault Referral Centre Service
- East Lancashire Hospitals Trust: East Lancashire Hospitals Armed Forces Veteran & Reservist Partnership Working
- ICON Cope: Icon - Babies Cry; You Can Cope
- London’s Air Ambulance Physician Response Unit and Barts Health: London’s Air Ambulance Physician Response Unit Defence Nursing Collaboration
- Midlands Partnership University FT: NHS Joining Forces Network
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare FT and Care After Combat: Veteran Care Through Custody
- Royal Berkshire FT, Gurkha Community and SSAFA: Supporting Our Gurkha Community
- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital FT: Osseointegration Surgery At The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: Military and Civilian Health Partnership Award