The National Patient Safety Agency more than halved its spending on patient and public involvement over the last four years.
Vascular surgery should be centralised before strategic health authorities and primary care trusts are abolished, the president of the Vascular Society has argued. Cliff Shearman’s comments follow the publication of an audit calling for greater centralisation to improve quality.
Burnley urgent care centre will not return to full accident and emergency status but will be upgraded to treat more emergency patients.
- Centralising stroke services improves care, says NHS London
- NHS South Central defends decision to fluoridate water supplies
- Consultants criticise white paper's lack of acute focus
- White paper timeline
- NICE publishes first quality standards
- PCTs to 'road test' direct payments to patients
- Trusts warned over instrument checks