HSJ Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access online content?
- I am having problems accessing subscriber-only content online.
- I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
- Why do I see an error page when I log in to hsj.co.uk?
- Why do I have to type in my login details every time I use HSJ on my mobile?
- Why do I have to enter my login details every time I want to use HSJ on a laptop or desktop?
- Can I change the email address and the password I use to access online content?
- I am a registered user, how do I gain access to subscriber-only content?
- Why do I need cookies enabled?
Taking out a subscription
- I would like to take out a subscription. Where can I find out more information?
- Are my credit card details secure if I subscribe online?
- What’s the benefit of paying by direct debit?
- My company needs an invoice to pay for the subscription. How can I get one?
- Can I order a subscription for delivery to an address outside the UK?
- Can I pay in a currency other than pound sterling?
- Will you acknowledge receipt of my order?
- Can I order more than one subscription?
- What do you do with my personal information?
- How can I access the HSJ tablet app?
Managing your subscription
- How do I renew my subscription?
- What is my subscriber number?
- When does my current subscription expire?
- How do I change my address?
- What do I do if an issue doesn’t arrive or arrives damaged?
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- I signed up to receive your free e-newsletters but I am not receiving them.
- How do I unsubscribe from your e-newsletters?
- My company has multiple subscriptions but only one person can log into the website. How can I set up access for all individual subscribers?
How to add us to your 'safe senders' list
How do I access content online?
In order to access all the subscriber-only content online, simply log in with your existing username and password. If you are an existing subscriber but don't yet have an account, create one at www.hsj.co.uk/createaccountonline . If you're a new customer, you can subscribe here. You will then have full access to the website and mobile site, as well as the tablet app if it is included in your package. If you encounter any problems, please email customer services or phone 020 3033 2626.
I am having problems accessing subscriber-only content online.
If you are unable to access subscriber-only content, we suggest you try the following:
- First, check that you are the named subscriber. If you are not and wish for the login details to be changed to your email address, please arrange for the named subscriber to contact us directly with their subscription number. Please contact our customer services team.
- Refresh your account by logging in and out again. This should ensure that your subscription details are up to date.
- Check if your subscription has lapsed. You can call our subscription hotline to find out your renewal date.
- Check that the email address you have registered on the website is the same as the one you used for your paid-for subscription.
- Check that your surname is entered exactly as it appears on the wrapper/label on your magazine subscription copy.
If you are still having problems, please contact our customer services team .
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
When signing in , you will find a ‘ forgotten password ’ link under the password box. Click on this and fill in the email address you used when registering on the site. We will then email your password to you within a few minutes. If you are still having problems, or you do not receive an email, please contact our customer services team .
Why do I see an error page when I log in to hsj.co.uk?
Your browser might be out of date – hsj.co.uk cannot be viewed on older versions of some browsers. The latest versions of most browsers are available here https://updatemybrowser.org/
Why do I have to type in my login details every time I use HSJ on my mobile?
You may need to update your phone’s software. Our Android services are optimised for devices running 4.0.3 or later and iOS services are optimized for 7.0 or later. hsj.co.uk is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
If your phone says an update is available, tap Install Now. You might also need to enable cookies on your phone’s browser.
Why do I have to enter my login details every time I want to use HSJ on a laptop or desktop
For hsj.co.uk to remember you, you need to ensure you have cookies enabled on your browser.
Can I change the email address and the password I use to access online content?
Yes. Please log in with your current details, and change your email address within account settings. If you have any problems, please contact our customer services team .
I am a registered user, how do I gain access to subscriber-only content?
Only subscribers benefit from unrestricted access to HSJ’s award-winning journalism. We are now only selling a digital subscription to HSJ where users get access to the online content and the app. Click here for more information .
Why do I need cookies enabled?
Taking out a subscription
I would like to take out a subscription. Where can I find out more information?
Subscription information can be found on our website and you can subscribe directly through the website by credit or debit card, or by Direct Debit. If you need any assistance or any more information, please contact our subscriptions hotline.
Are my credit card details secure if I subscribe online?
Yes. All the information you provide is encrypted using the industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
What’s the benefit of paying by direct debit?
Direct debit is a continuous payment method available in the UK that means that you do not need to remember to renew your subscription each year. You will be in complete control of your subscription and can often spread the cost over the year.
My company needs an invoice to pay for the subscription. How can I get one?
We can arrange to send you an invoice. Please contact our subscriptions hotline .
Can I order a subscription for delivery to an address outside the UK?
Can I pay in a currency other than pound sterling?
We accept cheque payments in most currencies. If you are paying by credit card, your payment will be processed in sterling at a recent rate of exchange, which may therefore be different to the sterling published price.
Will you acknowledge receipt of my order?
If you place your order online, an email will be sent to you after you place your order. This will confirm the details of the address to which the issues will be sent, together with details of when your subscription will start and end. If you place your order over the phone or by post we will write to you within a few days of receipt of your order, advising you of your 10-digit subscriber number, when your subscription will start and end, and the address to which the issues will be sent.
Can I order more than one subscription?
Yes you can buy up to nine subscriptions here.
If you wish to buy a corporate subscription for a minimum of 30 users please contact the corporate subscriptions team for details. Tel: 020 3033 2649, email: email@example.com
What do you do with my personal information?
How can I access the HSJ tablet app?
To access the tablet app you need to subscribe to our Digital or Leadership packages. Click here for more information .
Managing your subscription
How do I renew my subscription?
We will contact you before the expiry date of your subscription to ensure that your renewal is taken out in good time, so that you don’t miss out on any news or information from us. You can also renew online by
logging in to your My Account page
. If you wish to renew at any other time, please call us on +44 (0)1604 828705.
You will need to have your 10-digit subscriber number to access your account, as this is used to identify both you and your subscription.
What is my subscriber number?
It is a 10-digit number which can be found on any email or written correspondence that we have sent you, or on the wrapper or label on your subscription copy. If you cannot find it, please contact our subscriptions hotline .
When does my current subscription expire?
You can check your subscription details online by logging in at your My Account page . You will need to have your 10-digit subscriber number to access your account. Alternatively, please contact our subscriptions hotline .
How do I change my address?
You can notify us of your change your address by contacting our customer services team.
What do I do if an issue doesn’t arrive or arrives damaged?
Simply contact our subscriptions hotline and we will check your address details and arrange for a replacement copy to be sent to you. Please claim within three months of publication date if you are in the UK, and six months if you are based overseas.
Can I cancel my subscription?
We hope you are delighted with your subscription. However, if you are dissatisfied in any way within the first 30 days of your subscription, please contact our subscriptions hotline and we will refund the cost of any un-mailed issues.
I signed up to receive your free e-newsletters but I am not receiving them.
Please check you have provided us with your correct email address. To check which email address you are registered with, sign in to your account and go to the account settings. If your details here are correct, we suggest you check your mailbox settings to see if the newsletters are being pushed into ‘junk’ mail or if your mailbox is full. To avoid the newsletters being treated as spam, it may help to add the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact your email service provider.
How do I unsubscribe from your e-newsletters?
My company has multiple subscriptions but only one person can log into the website. How can I set up access for all individual subscribers?
If you have a multiple copy subscription, you will be entitled to have the same number of website users as you have magazine subscriptions. However, we may need to manually set up access for all users for you. If so, please contact our customer services team .
How to add us to your ‘safe senders’ list
- Open your Yahoo! mailbox
- Click the address book icon under the Yahoo! Mail logo. When you roll your mouse over it, it will say Contacts
- Click New Contact
- In the Email field type 'email@example.com'
- Click Save
- In Outlook, go to the Home tab
- Click the Junk button
- Choose Junk Email Options from the drop-down list
- Go to the Safe Senders tab
- Click Add
- Type in 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail)
- Open your Outlook mailbox
- Click on the cog symbol on the top right (next to the question mark). Then click Options
- Select Block or Allow or Mail > Accounts > Block or allow
- In the box labelled Enter a sender or domain here type 'email@example.com'
- Select Add (icon)
- Click Save
- Select Actions from the toolbar at the top of the screen
- Select Junk E-mail
- Select Junk E-mail Options...
- Click the Safe Sender tab
- Click Add
- Type in 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Click OK
- Click the Gmail dropdown box on the top left side of the inbox and select Contacts
- Select the round add new contact icon on bottom right of screen
- Enter 'email@example.com' in the Name box
- Select Create
- If you have an HSJ newsletter in your Junk folder, then right click on the from address and select Add to contacts
- This should ensure that this email address is in future recognised as a safe contact and these emails will appear in your Inbox rather than the Spam folder
BT Internet email
- From the Settings tab, select the Safe senders folder and click on the Add button
- Add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and click Save