WINNER: South Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group – A platform for telling your story once
Delayed transfers of care in the central Cheshire health system were running at over 7 per cent, with multiple assessments of patients, information spread across several systems and paper records, and a lack of trust among partners.
The solution involved an app with shared data sets, available to both public sector and private partners, which gave a “single view” of patients who no longer had to tell their story repeatedly.
A shared “trusted assessment” system reduced work for partners and enabled quicker discharge. Benefits have included halving the DTOC rate, less need to print or fax information, and more proactive management of patient needs.
Portsmouth Hospitals Trust – Modern Innovative Solutions to Improve Outcomes in Asthma, Breathlessness and COPD (MISSION ABC)
- Portsmouth Hospitals Trust – Modern Innovative Solutions to Improve Outcomes in Asthma, Breathlessness and COPD (MISSION ABC) – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Advancing Quality Alliance – Advancing Quality: Using data and information to improve care and outcomes for patients with Acute Kidney Injury
- Clinithink – AI solution, CLiX ENRICH to help identify patients eligible to participate in Newcastle clinical trials
- Health and Social Care Northern Ireland – The Diabetes Care Pathway
- Hertfordshire Partnership University Foundation Trust – SPIKE 2
- Humber Teaching FT – Frequent Attenders Service Hull
- North Lincolnshire CCG – Interoperability improving healthcare for the Humber
- North of England Commissioning Support – Leveraging digital technology to optimise patient flow and reduce delayed transfers across health and social care
- South, Central and West CSU – Development, delivery, and support of multiple major integrated care record and interoperability programmes
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Connecting services and information award