Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust and partners: Project Future
A holistic wellbeing and mental health service is helping young men labelled as gang members or serious youth violence offenders in one of the most deprived areas of London.
Project Future, based in Haringey, was developed by Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust and partners, including Haringey Council.
Its approach is co-produced with the young men and uses evidence-based psychological models alongside activities, such as CV writing and cooking, to engage with this vulnerable group.
It has worked with more than 260 young men over four years. Typically they will have complex, long-term needs and be at risk of a cycle of offending.
More than 70 per cent have accessed mental health support, a similar proportion are working towards employment goals and many have accessed other services.
The cost of the project is massively less than the cost to public services of a prison sentence or dealing with crimes. The team and the young men have co-delivered training for other services and the approach is influencing schools-based interventions.
- CONNECT: The West Yorkshire and Harrogate Adult Eating Disorders Service at Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust: A New Care Model redesign of regional adult ED services – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership Trust: Primary Care Liaison Services: Transformation Project
- Bradford District Care FT: Primary Care Wellbeing Service
- City and Hackney Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services for the East London FT: The ADHD Pathway Team: Improving Access and Flow in Community Services - Full Learning System Combined
- Cornwall Partnership FT: Clinical associate psychologists transform child and adolescent mental health services in Cornish secondary schools
- Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership: Mentally Healthy Rapid Schools Pilot
- Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust: Vocational Rehabilitation Service including job taster programme
- Lincolnshire Partnership FT: Reducing out of area mental health placements
- Northamptonshire Healthcare FT: Crisis Community Services
- South London Mental Health and Community Partnership: Transforming Forensic Services in south London
Winners revealed for HSJ Value Awards 2019
- Currently reading
HSJ Value Awards 2019: Mental health services award