West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership and Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network: West Yorkshire and Harrogate Healthy Hearts Project
The West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership commissioned Yorkshire and Humber AHSN to deliver a Healthy Hearts project on behalf of the nine local Clinical Commissioning Groups.
This is a large-scale quality improvement project, across a population of 2.6 million people.
The aim is to reduce the number of people affected by CVD by 10 per cent, consisting of an estimated reduction of 800 heart attacks and 350 strokes over the course of the project by addressing the risk factors of hypertension, cholesterol and diabetes.
Read a detailed case study about this project at HSJ Solutions
- The Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust: Combined Heart Failure And Device services – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Medway CCG: Clinical Variation - Tackling Cardiovascular Disease in Primary Care
- Southport and Formby Health: Southport and Formby Community Cardiology Service
- Tameside and Glossop CCG, Health Innovation Manchester and Interface Clinical Services: Stroke/Atrial Fibrillation Project
- University Hospitals Plymouth Trust: Piloting specialist heart failure nurse intervention in acute admissions and emergency care
Winners revealed for HSJ Value Awards 2020
- Currently reading
HSJ Value Awards 2020: Cardiovascular Care Initiative of the Year