One Health Lewisham: Lewisham GP 3TT pilot
One Health Lewisham and Lewisham Clinical Commissioning Group worked together with GP practices to increase the proportion of diabetic patients meeting the key three treatment targets for blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels. Patients meeting these have increased from 42 per cent to 46.7 per cent. More patients are also receiving more of their care at their local practices rather than having to travel.
This was achieved through helping practices to identify patients who would benefit from interventions, standardising systems to recall patients and processes in their management, and getting GPs working together in larger groups with a shared vision around better diabetic care. A diabetes facilitator undertook practice visits and support, and cross organisation multidisciplinary teams and networks focused on effective clinical management. Other organisations such as the local trusts and community-based services were drawn into transformation meetings. Lead GPs, practice managers and administrators were offered training, and practices got individualised performance dashboards.
- Q doctor: Clinical Governance & Risk Management – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- All Wales Tissue Viability Nurse Forum: Report, Investigate, Learn: A collaborative approach to reducing pressure damage harm across Wales
- Care UK: P.R.O.T.E.C.T.
- eConsult Health: Clinical Governance
- Humber Teaching FT: Huddling up for Safety: An organisational approach
- North East Ambulance Service FT: Family Liaison Officers in the NHS
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals Trust: E-handover: Improving safety of handover of patient information
HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2019 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2019: Clinical Governance and Risk Management in Patient Safety Award