Humber Teaching FT and Hull CCG: Humber Sensory Processing Hub Website
The Humber sensory processing website is essential in promoting safety for children and young people with sensory needs. Neurological differences in autism often result in sensory processing difficulties, which includes sensitivities that often result in high-risk behaviours eg self-injury. The increased demand for autism / ADHD services nationally has resulted in long waiting lists for assessments / interventions. To address this, the sensory processing website provides timely, unlimited access to resources that support stakeholders to implement effective strategies. Early intervention and understanding help to reduce risks. Website content is developed by qualified therapists, and is well informed and safe.
- Homerton University Hospital FT: How Homerton Speech and Language Therapy Got Hackney Children Talking Through A Pandemic? — HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Barnsley Hospital FT: Developing and Delivering Virtual Education for Primary Schools Caring for Children With Type 1 Diabetes During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Nottingham University Hospitals Trust: The Introduction of an E-Observation Dashboard
- Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care FT: Children’s Immunisations Team Drive-Thru Immunisations – Providing Young People in Tameside With Their Immunisations Whilst Schools Were in Lockdown.
- University Hospitals of Leicester Trust: A Single Front Door for Safe and Quality Acute and Emergency Children’s Care
- Wirral Community Health and Care FT: Children’s Integrated Therapy Review
Winners of HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2021 revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2021: Improving Care for Children and Young People Initiative of the Year