Tees Valley CCG, Hartlepool & Stockton Health, ELM Alliance, Primary Health Care Darlington, South Tees Hospital FT, North Tees and Hartlepool FT, County Durham and Darlington FT, AHSN, North East and North Cumbria Respiratory Network: Tees Valley Covid Oximetry@Home
The COVID Oximetry @home (CO@h) service delivered by Tees Valley CCG as one of three national pilot sites for the NHS has mobilised rapid adoption of an innovative programme, digitally enabling covid patients at risk of silent hypoxia to self-monitor their condition from home, using a pulse oximeter device and app with continuous monitoring from nursing staff, improving safety, with early intervention for better outcomes.
In addition, a ‘virtual ward’ system enabled hospitalised covid patients to be discharged early to self-monitor from home, with ongoing care and support from respiratory nurses, again improving safety and releasing hospital beds.
- OxSTaR (University of Oxford), Eastfield House Surgery, Castle Gardens Surgery: MAGIC – The Management of Acute Emergencies in GP Surgeries Using In-situ Simulation and Checklists — HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Devon CCG: Devon Digital Accelerator (DDA) project
- Health Care First: Health Care First Innovative Community Cardiology Service
- Innovation Agency (AHSN for the North West Coast), Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital FT, Liverpool University Hospitals FT, Primary Care Knowsley: Proactive Management of Asthma in Primary Care for Patients in Knowsley
- Spectrum Community Health CIC: Introducing Haemodialysis in a Prison Setting
- Valentine Health Partnership, London in association with: One Care, Bristol; Morecambe Bay Primary Care Collaborative, South Cumbria; St Leonards Research Practice; Exeter and Pier Health, North Somerset: Enhancing Continuity of Care for Safety, Efficiency and Greater Satisfaction
- West Kent Primary Care Simulation Team: In Situ Simulation Training for COVID Vaccination Centres in West Kent
Winners of HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2021 revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2021: Primary Care Initiative of the Year