Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust: Leeds Hospital’s Partner Programme - Powering Improvement with Patients and Public
The project successfully tested the involvement of members of the public in quality improvement work. We aimed to understand whether our conversations changed for the better, in particular the options proposed for change and decisions made. We recruited people who could say ‘this sounds great, but it would be even better if”.
We tested different approaches to attract partners, learning what information and support they needed and how we could create the conditions for a meaningful contribution to be made. The success of embedding the first cohort led on to a second recruitment, with all QI collaboratives now having at least one partner.
- Central North West London FT: One Community - Service User-Led Initiative — HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Local Maternity & Neonatal System: The Raham Project
- Devon Partnership Trust: Devon Community Forensic Team - Cycling Group
- King’s College Hospital FT: King’s and Macmillan: Improving Cancer Patient Experience Programme
- Mersey Care FT: COVID-19 Time Capsules
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals FT and Sheffield CCG: The Sheffield Long Covid Programme
- South East London Cancer Alliance: South East London Cancer Patient Involvement Community of Practice
Winners of HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2021 revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2021: Service User Engagement and Co-production Award