Marianne Griffiths - Western Sussex Hospitals Foundation Trust
Western Sussex Hospitals Foundation Trust, formed by a merger in 2009, was awarded an outstanding rating by the Care Quality Commission in 2016.
The trust said that through her own openness and transparency, Griffiths had helped deliver staff attitudes and behaviours centred on learning and improvement.
Judges said she was a “selfless and devoted” leader who inspired and supported staff do their best for patients.
- Andrew Donald - NHS Stafford and Surrounds CCG, NHS Cannock Chase CCG and NHS South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula CCG
- Andy Williams (Highly commended) - NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG
- David Allison - Wirral University Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust
- Karen James - Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust
- Kevin McGee - East Lancashire Hospitals Trust
- Tracy Taylor - Birmingham Community Healthcare Foundation Trust
HSJ Awards 2016 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2016: Chief executive of the year