Dr Peter Lachman - Royal College of Paediatrics and child health
Dr Peter Lachman is the national clinical lead for the SAFE programme, which aims to reduce harm in paediatric units through situation awareness techniques such as huddles to exchange information.
This programme has spread from 12 to 28 sites, and Dr Lachman has been credited with vision, leadership and determination.
Judges praised his passion and said he would leave a legacy of “real change on a national scale”.
- Andy Knox - NHS Lancashire North CCG
- Chris Harris - The Ridge Medical Practice
- David Somerfield (Highly commended) - Devon Partnership Trust
- Masood Nazir - NHS Birmingham CrossCity CCG
- Mohini Parmar - NHS Ealing CCG
- Oliver Rackham - Wirral University Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust
- Victoria Dickens - Salford Royal Foundation Trust
HSJ Awards 2016 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2016: Clinical leader of the year