Sheffield Health and Social Care Foundation Trust - Transforming acute mental health care in Sheffield
Sheffield Heath and Social Care Foundation Trust overhauled the way it delivered mental health services in the Yorkshire city as acute bed occupancy was 120 per cent and large volumes of people were being placed elsewhere.
Length of stay dropped from 56 days to 31 on average, and one adult acute ward was able to be closed. A psychiatric intensive care unit with outdoor spaces and a sensory room opened in early 2016.
Judges praised the “impressive transformation” and noted “clear health economy benefits”.
- County Durham and Darlington Foundation Trust - Redesign the Warfarin Service and Improve Patient Outcomes
- King’s Health Partners - Neurorehabilitation Enhanced Transition Team
- Lancashire Care Foundation Trust - Transformation of Community Services in Blackburn with Darwen
- NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit (Highly commended) - Transforming Care for People with Complex Learning Disabilities and Autism
- NHS Guildford and Waverley CCG - In reach GP: Royal Surrey County Hospital
- NHS Sutton CCG - Sutton Uplift
- South West London Pathology - Creating an Integrated Pathology Service
- Spectrum Community Health CIC - Outreach: Improving Screening for Female Prisoners
- The Hillingdon Hospitals Foundation Trust - HomeSafe - A Fresh Start for the Frail Elderly in Hillingdon
HSJ Awards 2016 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2016: Services redesign