WINNER: Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust – Community Managed Libraries Partnership: Improving the lives of local people
The trust worked with Staffordshire County Council to deliver eight community managed libraries in the south of the county.
The council provides the building and books while the trust recruits and supports volunteers who provide both a library service and wellbeing development programmes.
Activities now held in libraries range from health checks to yoga, craft workshops and job clubs. These can involve trust staff as well as those from other organisations with volunteers working with staff from the council’s library service and social inclusion navigators.
More than 250 people now volunteer, and membership numbers for both the trust and the libraries have increased.
The Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership – Transforming Suicide Prevention
- Derbyshire Community Health Services FT – Derby City Road to Integration
- East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group – Personal Wheelchair Budgets
- Gloucestershire Integrated Care System and Partners – Using point of care testing to manage influenza outbreaks in care homes: A system wide approach in Gloucestershire
- Newham CCG – Health and Care Space
- NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership – Embracing Innovation & Collaboration in Public Sector Wales
- North East Essex CCG – North East Essex Falls Early Intervention Vehicle (EIV)
- North of England Commissioning Support – Leveraging digital technology to optimise patient flow and reduce delayed transfers across health & social care
- Swansea Local Authority – The JIG-SO multiagency team providing care and support to pregnant teenagers and young families with complex social factors
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Health and local government partnership award