WINNER: NEL in partnership with OptiMedis-Cobic, Imperial College Health Partners, Social Finance and PPL – Hampshire System Integrator
This initiative demonstrated how a system integrator could deliver improved proactive and preventive care, benefitting individual patients, population health and the public purse.
After analysing what the greatest opportunities were for improvement in Fareham and Gosport and where to focus, a shared contract was created between GPs, acute and community providers which aligned incentives to enable better management of patients with or at risk of type 2 diabetes.
It involved identifying particular cohorts of patients, using data to give GPs insights into practice, and support for GPs and commissioners to roll out best practice. Patients were involved in pinpointing what was important to them.
It resulted in a system integrator handbook to support future population health projects.
RM Partners, West London Cancer Alliance hosted by The Royal Marsden Foundation Trust – West London Cancer Alliance: System Leadership
- Cumbria NHS – Recruiting for the system not just ourselves
- Frimley Health and Care Integrated Care System – Frimley Leadership & Improvement Academy
- Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group and Attain – Integrated Urgent Care (111) services in Yorkshire & Humber
- Hillingdon Health and Care Partners: Central and North West London Foundation Trust, The Confederation Hillingdon CIC, The Hillingdon Hospital Foundation Trust, Hillingdon 4 All and Hillingdon CCG – HHCP Care Connection Team: Integrated primary and community care team
- Humber, Coast and Vale Mental Health Partnership – Developing our Mental Health Partnership to make a difference
- Salford Royal on behalf of Salford Together Partnership – Salford Together – Integrating to improve outcomes
- South London Mental Health and Community Partnership – Collaboration not competition to transform mental health outcomes across 3.6 million population
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: System leadership initiative of the year