Alan Maynard is professor of health economics and co-director of the York Health Policy Group, York University.
The government undermines its important work
Only by swiftly adressing the issue of clinical practice variation and developing better evidence based practice can we stop the quality of NHS care eroding, writes Professor Alan Maynard.
Alan Maynard argues the GMC’s ‘feeble’ regulation of doctors does little to benefit the NHS, but chief executive Niall Dickson says a new approach will protect patients.
- 'Without evidence, the rhetorical reforms are irrelevant at best'
- Incentives for doctors: the big chill will hit medics too
- The new healthcare revolution
- Doctor numbers: all trained up, nowhere to go?
- Alan Maynard: axe must swing on NHS jobs and pay
- Alan Maynard: could the Tories give PCTs bite?
- Alan Maynard on managing the NHS market