Winner: Bruin Biometrics: Prevention Made Real - Using SEM Scanner to achieve zero or near zero pressure ulcers
Bruin Biometrics developed the SEM Scanner for early detection and prevention of pressure ulcers. The scanner produces real-time information for clinicians to evaluate tissue health status and intervene, when necessary. The scanner indicates tissue damage three to 10 days before visible symptoms or pressure ulcer formation.
This offers significant savings for NHS organisations: using the scanner across seven wards would give a positive return on investment within the first year with significant savings in staff time released to care and bed days – and obviously reduced patient suffering and time in hospital. This has been demonstrated in “real world” use by NHS Lothian.
The judges felt that this tool was genuinely game changing, using physics to change the way pressure ulcers are identified and prevented through earlier treatment.
- Endomagnetics Limited: Sentimag Surgical Guidance in Breast Cancer – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Neotract Teleflex Interventional Urology: The Urolift System – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Amplitude Clinical Outcomes: Innovation: Using medical technology to improve outcomes, increase engagement and drive down long term costs
- Entec Health Limited: Novel 3D digital wound assessment technology enables effective multidisciplinary care for patients with diabetes foot ulcers
- Intercity Technology: The Telestroke Network
- Orion Health and Temple Street Children’s University Hospital: Orion Health and Temple Street Children’s University Hospital Kick-Start Paperless Healthcare in Ireland
- Philips UKI: Azurion
- Silverlink Software Limited: Increased Stroke Service Performance, Powered by CaptureStroke
For all enquiries with regards to the Partnerships Awards please contact Chris Edwards, Awards Director, HSJ
Top NHS suppliers named in inaugural HSJ Partnership Awards
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2018: Best Innovation in Medical Technology