WINNER: Care Plus Group: Open Door Support for Underserved Communities in North East Lincolnshire
Open Door is a GP practice located in the East Marsh ward of Grimsby, which is in the most deprived 1 per cent of wards in England. As well as providing standard GP practice services, Open Door also provides extensive wraparound support to underserved individuals such as homeless individuals, people with substance misuse problems, asylum seekers and sex workers. The practice also holds the Violent Patient Register for North East Lincolnshire.
Open Door uses community outreach and innovative service delivery to reach the underserved communities to offer equitable access to all.
Highly commended: Provide CIC: Navigating the Pandemic and Transforming Lives Through Innovation, Care and Compassion
- Alliance for Better Care: GP Federation Supporting the Sustainability and Success of General Practice in East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex
- Barnsley Healthcare Federation: Covid-19 Response - Blue Clinic, Out of Hours, Extended Hours and PCN Vaccination Programme
- Central Liverpool Primary Care Network: Tackling Racial Inequality Working Group
- First 4 Health Group & Healthtech 1: Implementing a Game-changing Digital Transformation Program
- K2 Healthcare GP Federation: From Neighbourhood to System – Collaborative Working in South West Lincolnshire
- Nimbuscare: A Leading GP-led ‘at scale’ Healthcare Provider in York
- Margate, Mocketts Wood and Coastal and Rural Excellence PCNs: GP-led Local Vaccination Centre in Thanet
The NHS’s ‘greatest generation’
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2021: Primary Care Networks, GP or Community Provider of the Year