WINNER: Merck, Sharp and Dohme Ltd: NHS England Early Intervention Long Term Conditions Test Bed - MSD with NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale CCG
Patients with multiple long term conditions account for a disproportionate number of hospital admissions and costs to the NHS. This partnership between the clinical commissioning group and Merck, Sharp and Dohme used digital interventions to identify patients at risk of admission, remotely monitor patients and ensure they were managed in line with national and local policy and guidelines.
The services were deployed across 31 practices in the CCG with over 300 patients enrolled for tele-monitoring. The outcomes will be independently evaluated by the University of Manchester to build a case for large scale adoption.
The judges felt that this service has a real potential to create better care for patients through innovative ways of working with information and data analytics.
- Sandoz UK: The Cancer Vanguard – Biosimilars Getting it Right First Time – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Amgen Ltd and UCLH Cancer Collaborative: Optimising the design of out of hospital services for XGEVA® (denosumab)
- AstraZeneca UKMC: The Cardiovascular Partnership Programme
- Bayer PLC and the West of England AHSN: Don’t Wait to Anticoagulate
- Napp Pharmaceuticals Ltd: Ards Federation National Review of Asthma Deaths Project: A service to medicine supported by Napp Pharmaceuticals focusing on asthma risk management leading to sustainable improvement in asthma care.
- Napp Pharmaceuticals Ltd: Working with the NHS on biosimilars
- Novartis Oncology: Addenbrookes MPN Joint Working Project
- Novartis Oncology: NHS Lothian MPN Service Development
- Novo Nordisk and Diabetes UK: Collaborating to develop clinical champions for diabetes
- Novo Nordisk: Pharmacy Futures in Diabetes
- Pharmacy Managmemt Ltd: Clinical Leadership in Pharmacy (CLIP)
- Sandoz UK: The Cancer Vanguard – Biosimilars, Getting it Right First Time
For all enquiries with regards to the Partnerships Awards please contact Chris Edwards, Awards Director, HSJ
Top NHS suppliers named in inaugural HSJ Partnership Awards
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2018: Best Pharmaceutical Partnership with the NHS