South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust: #allofus wellbeing campaign
Raising awareness of the help available to staff to look after themselves ensured South West Yorkshire Partnership FT achieved its staff wellbeing commissioning for quality and innovation and led to greater use of support services, such as physiotherapy and occupational health.
With just a £5,000 budget, using low-cost ways of reaching staff – such as on Twitter, through posters and on the trust’s intranet platform – were important but a 36-page magazine also helped get to key audiences with carefully selected case studies.
Staff were involved in developing the campaign and wellbeing is now included on appraisal documentation. Results have included an improvement in flu vaccination uptake from 33 per cent to 73.5 per cent, 48 per cent increase in self-referrals to physiotherapy, 30 per cent increase in staff counselling referrals and a 191 per cent increase in occupational health self-referrals.
Nearly two thirds of staff said the campaign made them think there was more support available than they realised and 93 per cent recalled the #allofus brand.
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership FT: CWP’s Annual Big Book of Best Practice – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Ashford and St Peters Hospitals FT: SAMS (Senior Adult Medical Services) - What matters to you: A patient, family and staff focused model of care
- Cornwall Partnership FT: It’s good to talk - addressing mental health stigma in the community
- Midlands Partnership FT and University Hospitals of North Midlands Trust: High Intensity Users Project
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals Trust: E-handover: Passing the electronic baton of patient information
- South West London Health and Care Partnership: Borough engagement events to develop and co-design local health and care plans
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust: Daisy Hill Hospital Pathfinder Project
- University Hospital of North Midlands Trust: It’s OK to ask
- University Hospitals Plymouth Trust: #WeCare2 – the difference AHPs and HCS make
- West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group, Hampshire County Council, Hampshire Safeguarding Children’s Board: I can cope - preventing abusive head trauma in babies
Winners revealed for HSJ Value Awards 2019
- Currently reading
HSJ Value Awards 2019: Communication initiative award