WINNER: NHS Forth Valley, Greater Glasgow & Clyde and Grampian, Storm ID, Modernising Patient Pathways Programme (Centre for Sustainable Deliver - CfSD), NHS National Services Scotland and NHS Education for Scotland Digital Dermatology Assessment: An Alternative to Face-to-Face Consultations: Development, Expansion and Spread During Covid-19
The Digital Dermatology Assessment service allows for asynchronous digital consultations with a remote health professional. The service, via the patient application, allows patients to submit images and content to clinicians. The clinicians then review the patient submissions and provide a structured response, which includes a recommended triage pathway and some supporting background information. The process then repeats for the next scheduled virtual appointment.
The service was developed as a Small Business Research Initiative collaboration between clinical teams and industry, but was stood up for wider implementation during the pandemic. To date over 3,000 patients have had completed DDA appointments.
Highly commended: Leeds Children’s Hospital and DigiBete CIC: DigiBete Diabetes App for Children and Young People
- Bradford, District and Craven ICP: Celebrating and Showcasing the Evolution of a Digital Care Hub Underpinning Service Transformation Across Bradford District and Craven and Beyond
- Calderdale and Huddersfield FT: Transforming Outpatient Care
- Forensic and Offender Health Pathway, South London and Maudsley FT: Digital Access to Interventions in Secure Inpatient Services
- Leicestershire Partnership Trust and University Hospitals of Leicester Trust: Using Remote Monitoring Technologies to Keep Heart Failure, COPD and Covid-19 Patients Safe and at Home During the Pandemic
- Luton and Dunstable University Hospital, Bedfordshire Hospitals FT: A Gold Standard Digital Teledermatology Solution for Patients with Suspected Skin cancer During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Southern Health FT: Delivering Care Through Video Technology
- The Rotherham FT: Expanding Speech Therapy Services Through Synchronous and Asynchronous Digital Care Using Microsoft Teams
The NHS’s ‘greatest generation’
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2021: Digitising Patient Services Initiative