Winner: Carnall Farrar: Whole system change across the Devon STP
Carnall Farrar worked with the financially-challenged Devon health economy to develop a path to sustainability. It did this by working collaboratively with NHS organisations, and addressing the lack of capability and poor relationships within the health economy.
A key area of work has been reducing the number of fit-to-leave patients in community hospital beds, which would pave the way to reduce beds. This has been achieved through developing community-based models of care, with clinical hubs and health and wellbeing centres. Their programme of work also included the reduction of emergency department attendances and admissions and an improvement in the quality of mental health care. These changes have been managed without referral to the health secretary and with Carnall Farrar standing alongside local leaders at public meetings.
The judges stated that this organisation offered a very different approach to the traditional model of consultancy and more specifically a clear and bespoke approach to working with their client with a methodology that demonstrated that they care about collaboration.
- GE Healthcare Partners: Workforce Repository and Planning Tool/GE Healthcare Finnamore – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Four Eyes Insight: Four Eyes Insight
- LTS Health: Nottingham University Hospitals Trust – Maximising return on investment through improved performance
- NHS Transformation Unit: Improvement Support
- North of England Commissioning Support: NECS Consultancy Unit
- PA Consulting Group: Supporting The Hillingdon Hospital to deliver safe and financially sustainable nursing care
For all enquiries with regards to the Partnerships Awards please contact Chris Edwards, Awards Director, HSJ
Top NHS suppliers named in inaugural HSJ Partnership Awards
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2018: Consultancy of the Year