WINNER: Spreading Group Consultations: The Experience Led Care Programme and NHS Partners
Clinicians spend a great deal of time seeing patients with long-term conditions one-to-one: offering group consultations can mean a doctor or nurse passing on information to many more patients in the same time and introduce a different dynamic with patients sharing experiences.
The Experience Led Care Programme was set up in 2009 to spread and scale up disruptive innovations. Initially group consultations were very unusual in the NHS but in 2014 the organisation worked with 10 clinical commissioning groups to respond to NHS England’s “call to action” for ideas which would reduce demand on the NHS.
- Clinically-Led workforcE Activity Redesign (CLEAR) Programme: 33N, GE Healthcare Partners and Health Education England
- Continuing Florence’s Legacy: Developing the collective voice to lead: Florence Nightingale Foundation, Health Education England, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Making Safeguarding ‘Core Business’ across the NHS: Bond Solon, Knowledgepool and NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Peripheral IV (Device Selection, Insertion, Care and Maintenance) Training Programme: Becton Dickinson (BD) and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Supporting leg ulcer pathway adoption through education, to transform outcomes for venous leg ulcer patients and services: L&R UK and North Lincolnshire and Goole FT
- The Clinical Fellowship Programme - Medical & Nursing: The University of Wolverhampton and The Royal Wolverhampton Trust
- Unloc-ing mental health with young people and the education sector: Unloc and Southern Health FT
- Wellbeing and Asset Based Brief Intervention Training: Wellbeing Enterprises CIC and Bridgewater Community Healthcare FT
- WHY MCA - Integrated Simulation Training on Mental Capacity Act: Community Matters and Camden Haringey and Islington Community Education Provider Networks/Training Hubs
For all enquiries with regards to the Partnership Awards please contact Liam Richardson, head of event content and production, HSJ
HSJ Partnership Award winners announced
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2020: Best Educational Programme for the NHS