WINNER: Implementation of AutoPlanner within district nursing: Newton Europe, The Phoenix Partnership, Leicestershire Health Informatics Service and Leicestershire Partnership Trust
District nursing staff are a scarce and valuable resource; this project changed how they were deployed to reduce the time spent on paperwork rather than seeing patients and improve their working lives. A review of community health services in Leicestershire carried out by Newton Europe in 2016 suggested that only just over a quarter of time in district nursing was spent with patients with 36 per cent spent on data entry and travelling.
Part of the solution to this was to use a planning tool within the existing electronic patient record which would enhance patient safety through allocating visits and reducing the need to enter patient data into a separate programme.
- Implementation of an innovative technology solution to transform temporary staffing: Patchwork and York Teaching Hospitals FT
- Digital Collaborative Bank – 8 NHS Trusts paving the way for a sustainable clinical workforce: Locum’s Nest
- East Of England Cancer Workforce Programme: GE Healthcare Partners, East of England Cancer Alliance, Health Education England, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals FT, Southend University Hospital FT and Mid Essex Hospital Services
- Expanding the capacity of primary care to improve population health in Wakefield: Lantum and Conexus Healthcare (Wakefield’s General Practice Confederation)
- HR Advisory Service: Capsticks and Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear FT
- Empactis Improving Employee Health and Wellbeing: Empactis and Manchester University FT
- South West London Collaborative Bank - Innovating Staff Sharing Technology: Allocate Software and South West London Collaborative Bank (made up of Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals Trust, Kingston Hospital FT and St George’s Healthcare Trust)
- Staff Bank: Litmus Workforce Solutions and Lancashire Teaching Hospitals FT
- Tactical Partnerships - Home First Workforce Solutions: Agincare and NHS Partners: Torbay & South Devon Trust, Royal Devon & Exeter Trust, Dorset County Hospital Trust, Poole Trust, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Trust, Solent Trust, Royal Surrey Trust, West Sussex Council & NHS Trusts, Hampshire CCG, Wiltshire Council & NHS Trusts
For all enquiries with regards to the Partnership Awards please contact Liam Richardson, head of event content and production, HSJ
HSJ Partnership Award winners announced
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2020: Workforce Innovation Award