WINNER: Digital innovation for people with cystic fibrosis: NuvoAir and Royal Brompton and Harefield FT
Patients with cystic fibrosis usually have to attend outpatients at a specialist unit every two to three months to monitor their lung function and prevent or halt the progression of this life-limiting condition. For many patients this will mean a day off work, arranging childcare and a long journey which they often have to fund themselves. For specialist units such as that at Royal Brompton and Harefield Foundation Trust, it can mean extremely busy outpatient clinics.
NuvoAir designed a smartphone enabled spirometer (Air Next) which would allow patients to monitor their own CF health at home, which could then be shared with clinicians through a web-based portal. An encrypted videolink allowed them to conduct remote virtual consultations. Patients would also have more data about their lung health and could see the impact of changes in medication or lifestyle.
- Medic Bleep Implementation: Medic Creations, West Suffolk Hospital Trust and Eastern AHSN
- Predicting and Preventing Urgent Care: AI and health coaching at the NHS frontline: Health Navigator, The Nuffield Trust, York Teaching Hospitals FT and Vale of York CCG
- A new way of looking after the waiting patient in the emergency department using a digital software platform – Smart-ER: Healthcare Engineering, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals FT and Yorkshire & Humber AHSN
- Continuing Healthcare Digital Transformation: IEG4 and Cheshire and Wirral CCGs
- EDMS Cloud deployment: The largest cloud-based deployment of EDMS technology in UK Healthcare: IMMJ Systems, UKCloud Health and Xerox in partnership with Imperial College Healthcare Trust
- eRedbook: Assisting military families in Cyprus & Kenya: Sitekit & SSAFA the Armed Forces Charity
- Our Dorset Passport - Transforming the workforce with technology: Lantum and Dorset ICS
- Safe Hands powered by TeleTracking: TeleTracking Technologies and Royal Wolverhampton Trust
- The Digital Collaborative Bank – 8 NHS Trusts saving the NHS £ millions each year: Locum’s Nest
For all enquiries with regards to the Partnership Awards please contact Liam Richardson, head of event content and production, HSJ
HSJ Partnership Award winners announced
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2020: HealthTech Partnership of the Year