WINNER: Spire Healthcare and the NHS in England, Wales and Scotland: Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Spire Healthcare led the independent sector into a unique partnership with the NHS to provide support to the service during the pandemic. During 2020-21, Spire’s 39 hospitals across England, Wales and Scotland put their staff, facilities and services at the disposal of the NHS and provided treatment and diagnosis for over a quarter of a million NHS patients whose care would otherwise have been delayed or cancelled.
Much of this was urgent or life-saving treatment for people with cancer or cardiac conditions. Spire also helped to restart orthopaedic care for people in chronic pain. Spire’s support laid the foundations for a longstanding partnership between the NHS and the independent sector.
- Rochdale Health Alliance, The Local Soup Kitchen and Wider Health and Social Care Services: Homeless Alliance Response Team (HART)
- Connect Health and Brent CCG: Streamlining MSK Services in Brent
- Connect Health and Herts Valleys CCG: Innovation in MSK to Preserve Services for Future Generations in Herts Valleys
- Genmed and South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre: A Partnership Delivering Additional Value Through Surgery-Managed Services
- Interface Clinical Services and Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership: Pharmacist-Led Review of High-Risk Asthmatic Patients
- OneMedical Group, Cheshire and Merseyside Primary Care Academy and Cheshire West Integrated Care Partnership: Primary Care Network Workforce Planning Support
- Supportive Care UK: Supportive, Palliative and End of Life Care for All - Reliable, Responsive, Cost-Effective 24/7 Consultant Support to NHS Partners and Hospices
- TFS Healthcare and Kent Community Health FT: Establishment of Two CQC Registered Wards at Westview Community Hospital and Westbrook House Integrated Care Centre
HSJ Partnership Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2021: Best Healthcare Provider Partnership with the NHS