WINNER: Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering, NELFT, Downshall Primary School and London Borough of Redbridge: Downshall Intergenerational Provision
Downshall Intergenerational Provision (DIG) is the UK’s first older adults activity centre and is permanently embedded within a school. It provides a social hub that brings together older adults and reception class children at Downshall Primary three days a week from 10am to 1pm, providing structured activities, incorporating the ideas behind Cognitive Stimulation Therapy whilst still following the national curriculum.
Referrals are from Redbridge Older Adults Mental Health Team, Memory Service and AgeUK. The adult participants are chosen due to loneliness/social isolation and risk to mental health and quality of life.
- Royal Voluntary Service, NHS England and GoodSAM: NHS Volunteer Responders
- Acorn Recovery Projects and Lancashire and South Cumbria FT: Peer Support Work Partnership Project
- Anthony Nolan: Beyond a Stem Cell Transplant: Ensuring Long-Term Support for Patients
- Care after Combat, Project Nova and Nottinghamshire Healthcare FT: Project Regroup Criminal Justice System Whole Care Pathway, in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire
- Hexitime CIC: A Skill Exchange and Timebank for Improving Health and Care Services
- Mastercall Out of Hospital Healthcare: A Connected Care Platform to Reduce Emergency Admissions and Detect Early Patient Deterioration Using Remote Digital Technology
- The Point of Care Foundation: Supporting Staff Wellbeing through Reflective Practice
- Wandsworth Community Empowerment Network and South West London Health and Care Partnership: Co-Producing Wandsworth
HSJ Partnership Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2021: Best Not for Profit Working in Partnership with the NHS