WINNER: Tower Hamlets Together: Family-Focused Multi-Agency Shielding Support for Clinically Extremely Vulnerable Children
Covid-19 presented unique challenges to clinically extremely vulnerable children. Shielding in Tower Hamlets meant not attending school, minimal outdoor play and limited social interaction, in the context of high child poverty and overcrowding. The project developed a multi-agency group to ensure that children were correctly identified, and their families and schools were informed.
It coordinated calls to all 800 families with CEV children and offered further support calls. Its callers identified significant unmet need and made 903 referrals to services for children and families. ‘Play-bags’ were offered to CEV families to give children the opportunity to play and learn whilst shielding.
- Greater Manchester Cancer, The Christie FT and Rochdale Infirmary (part of the Northern Care Alliance Group): Greater Manchester Surgical Cancer Hub
- 18 Week Support in partnership with Medway FT & Care UK: Re-establishing Diagnostic Endoscopy during Covid-19 for Patients with Suspected Cancer
- AdviseInc & the NHS in Greater Manchester Procurement Team: Tracking and Forecasting PPE Usage Across Integrated Care Systems
- CF and Central London Community Healthcare Trust: Managing Demand and Capacity in the Community Through the Pandemic
- Doccla and Northampton General Hospital Trust: Covid Virtual Ward
- Patchwork Health: London COVID-19 Bank
- Royal Free London Property Services and London FT: NHS Nightingale, London
- Vantage Health: Managing Hospital Outpatient Attendances During a Pandemic
HSJ Partnership Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2021: Local Covid-19 Response Partnership Award