WINNER: L&R Medical and South West Yorkshire Partnership FT: Reducing the Burden of Wounds Through Workforce Optimisation
In partnership with L&R, UK South West Yorkshire Partnership Trust implemented a three-step transformation plan for leg ulcer care. It consisted of a best practice leg ulcer pathway, self-care delivery model to facilitate self-care and education to embed sustainable practice.
An independent audit identified that 84/95 patients were healed by week 24 and a further 10 healed by week 42.
• Nursing hours per patient reduced from 24.5 - 1.3 (95 per cent nursing hours)
• Total cost per patient reduced from £2,168 - £361 (83 per cent saving)
• Product cost per patient reduced from £629 - £177 (72 per cent saving)
• Workforce wellbeing improvements
• Potential reduction in CO2 emissions and product waste.
- TytoCare and Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network and West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System and Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership: Digital Innovation to Protect the Vulnerable
- Baxter Healthcare and Manchester University FT: Working in Partnership to Create Drain-Free Day Case Parotidectomy Surgery
- Daiichi Sankyo and Stoke-on-Trent CCG on behalf of Staffordshire STP: Making Behaviour Change Happen: Remote Clinical Support of AF Management by General Practice Nurse Digital Champions
- Redmoor ELC Partnership and Welsh Government: Transforming Outpatient Services Through Video Group Clinics
- Refero & St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Trust: Multi-Party Digital Engagement Platform
- UCLPartners & Barts Health Trust: Bedside Learning Coordinator Approach to Care Redesign
HSJ Partnership Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Partnership Awards 2022: Most Effective Contribution to Clinical Redesign