David Williams is an HSJ reporter. David reports on commissioning and the QIPP challenge.
- Tel: 020 3033 2780
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FINANCE: Oxfordshire’s clinical commissioning group and county council are planning to nearly double the size of their pooled budget for older people.
NHS England’s director of commissioning support strategy has indicated he is “deeply sceptical” that clinical commissioning groups can function at their best without buying in support services.
There is a more than a 100-fold variation in the numbers of people employed by clinical commissioning groups, HSJ research has found. The revelation has prompted concern over the viability of smaller CCGs
- Analysed: The commissioning workforce post transition
- Relegate CCGs to advisory role, says Burnham
- Struggling CSUs set to be told to outsource or lose accreditation
- Burnham backs central planning
- Nicholson attacks criticism of GPs and 'tyranny' of politics
- Take part in HSJ and the King's Fund's survey on women and healthcare
- Exclusive: CCG concern over 'top slice' to fund property company shortfall